Thursday, May 13, 2010

boxes coming in...boxes heading out



I have been meaning to show you this wonderful surprise I received from an old friend. A couple of weeks ago this box arrived on my doorstep, from a friend that was at VCU when I was there the first time. I opened this box and it contained the most wonderful assortment of vintage and antique sewing notions. Buttons, thread, even some old hankies. When I looked close and read the note from Maria, I realized that many of these things belonged to her mother! I feel honored that she would share them with me. I have not yet decided what I am going to make with these things, however something will have to make its way back up north, and into her hands. Thank you Maria, for helping the creative juices flow and adding to my ever growing collection.





So the time has come to pack it all up and move it all out... Yep that's right, I am moving. If you are an artist you know how stressful this can be. As a normal person it is a pain, factor in four years of "stuff" if you are a collector and an artist, and then it is just overwhelming. I am working on not freaking out over this move because it is for the best reason I can imagine.... But I must admit there are times when I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and it comes out. The part I am excited about and that keeps me going is living with the most amazing person, and being able to start fresh and re-decorate a whole new place.

No comments: