Sunday, November 18, 2012

words and books


I have been pretty obsessed with Heather Ross fabrics, designs, and even the surfboard, for a while now. I love her use of borderline childish and kitsch designs in such an elegant looking way. Everything she designs looks classic, and aesthetically pleasing. For the past couple of months I have been trying to buy her old, out of print, fabrics from etsy, and any online reference that still has them. While they have become pricey, I have found most of them and love using them in special projects. 


I was excited when her new book came out, Heather Ross Prints, It has a complete reference in the back with all of her prints, new and out of print. Along with a CD that can work in the computer to upload fabric designs to anything including fabric, wallpaper, wrapping paper, and stationary. I was especially excited when Sandra ordered an autographed copy for my birthday, complete with a Gnome drawing! So in love with this book! 



Another book on my birthday list, that I received was the new autobiography of, Kaffe Fassett, I love his use of color and pattern in his work. He is an interesting person with a rich history in the textile world. I can't wait to read this! 
I have been on a huge book kick lately. For my birthday I asked Sandra for a long list of them, and sweetly I was gifted all of them, complete with some signed copies!! Along with art, making, and decorating books, I have been reading up anything that crosses my path lately. Inspiration from words in books, magazines, blogs (I love the mix of words and photos in blogs), and anything else that crosses my path. I love the inspiration that can come from words on paper. One of my favorite things to do is to stay up very late into the wee hours and read.

No comments: