Monday, September 10, 2007

bits and pieces










While I was in Ohio I found this piece of a quilt at an antique store and could not pass it up. It dates back to the 40's or 50's and is almost finished but does not have a back on it. There were a few diamonds seperate along with two octagon shapes. I thought that these seperate pieces woulde be great to disect and figure out how to put them together on my own. I can not get over how much I love the fabrics on this thing. One day I will put some batting and a back on it.










This is what happens when you give two people the same project... The top one is the towel that I made, with the cutout fabric and applique. The bottom photos is the towel that P made for me, embroidered birds. I love it and am excited to have a cherry towel in my kitchen.





This mosaic piece is a sample that I made for my first lesson for my teaching class. It is torn paper on masionite board and I even tinted the glue to look like cement or dirt. I was pleased with the overall lesson and hope that dumberledore sees it that way.



Update on the circle quilt... slowly but surly all the little circles are comming together.

1 comment:

p-lo said...

keep going everything is looking great