Tuesday, September 4, 2007

school week two







Sitting at crossroads, which used to be world cup, which looks the same with a new name, again. So the first week of school went well, it is an adjustment, to say the least to return to school. I am thrilled to be doing something that I really want and in the same respect I can't wait for it to be over so that I can do it. This semester my classes are geared towards lower grades because it is set up sequentially. It all makes sense to be taught this way and what not but I have to say I DO NOT WANT TO TEACH SMALL KIDS!!! The desire is not there and "dumbing" things down to the level they need to be is not an easy thing for me. I knew that comming back would be a change in lifestyle and alter the past two years, where I have gotten used to time off. However I never realized how much of a change it would be. There are more people on campus, I have all new buildings for my classes, parking is horrid, and the work load is not light. Between school and work I will be in overdrive this semester, and for the next two years, I am looking forward to it all but also have some anxious feelings towards it all.
Keeping all this in mind, I have not had as much time to work on my quilt but I have not forgotten it either. I am putting the circles together at the moment, so that at the end I am not overwhelmed. There is a small section shown above, I have about 3/4 of a yard done altogether and I love the way that it looks. The basket of fabric makes me happy, it gives me a sense of hope that I will get through it and make some beautiful things. Hope that the end of summer is bringing good things for everyone and that the start of a new "school year" promises new adventures.

No comments: