Saturday, February 16, 2008

book worms



I just finished reading this book, Big Stone Gap, last night (the one above), by Adriana Trigiani. When I picked it up in barnes and noble I had never heard of the author or the book, but I thought hey why not. It takes place in Virginia, in the blue ridge mountains and I thought it would be neat to read about somewhere that I am familiar with. This book was really a nice escape, one of those books that goes quickly and pulls you away from reality for a little while. She writes the story in a way that you can feel and see what she is talking about. There is a little bit of a romantic aspect to this book, but it is not sickening and overall it has more to do with how the past pertains to the future than anything else. There is also a lot about family and roots and how it makes us who we are. I did not realize that these books were a series until I was half way through the first, but I have to admit I love books in series. I am always so sad to part with characters when books are finished, with series they stay with you for a little longer. Check it out if you are looking for a new book to read.

No comments: