Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a study in a sewing box



This past semester I have been battling with photography class, which is ironic because I usually love taking pictures of things. This week I finally found something I LOVE in photography... I guess it is true, in art I can always find the brighter side. These are photograms, basically they are made in the dark room on light sensitive paper. They are a black and white, traditional, photo technique. It was hard to get used to working under the red lights, but once I was into it the time flew. Now that I know the right exposure time for lace, I am going to crank some of these out. I might assemble a book to catalogue my collection of lace. I find the simplicity of the black and the white so beautiful when looking at all the shapes on it. These are a few of the ones I made today.





No comments: