Thursday, February 21, 2013

small fortunes



Mollie Makes and Quilty magazine have become two of my new favorites. I read about nine different magazines a month, some are craft, textile and making oriented and others are home, decor or style related, and yep, I actually read the whole magazine. However these are my new favorites because of the layout, simple, clean, easy to get through and if you want to make something from one, it is explained so well that it is simple to follow. 



I do not follow patterns very often, but lately I seem to be enjoying it. It all began with the cross stitching, and then it was off to felt. I made these little fortune cookies for Valentine's Day based on the pattern inside the Mollie Makes magazine. It was very simple to follow and I had a fun time making a couple for my love, family, and friends. Valentine's day is a bittersweet day for me, but that doesn't mean I can't remind people that I love them. 



No comments: