Wednesday, April 24, 2013

thoughts

I have been working on piecing the cross map/terrain/color blocked quilt... It is taking longer than most projects and seems to take more energy, but I love the final outcome so I am going to stick to it. I think once this project is over I will gravitate towards smaller projects again, or use paper piecing to make something. I do this to myself... work on a project with a thousand tiny pieces to create an intricate finished piece.... It is part of my process and part of my OCD, and sometimes it drives even me insane, but in the end it looks great, and that is what I have to keep telling myself. The obsessive, time consuming process, makes for an interesting finished piece.
So I decided I would make a little list of a few things that I am into at the moment, just a little off-the-top-of my head thinking, not in any order of importance;

Washi Tape. Tegan and Sara. Mumford and Sons. Of Monsters and Men. There is always a soundtrack in the back of my mind, this is the current one. Small felted objects, animals, things. Fabric. Patterns that have grey in them. Grey. Orange. Yellow. tiny bits of green. Thinking of all the places I have been lately. Inspired travels. Florence. Rome, Ruins. Portland. Olympia. Seattle, Pike Place/ Capital Hill. Chihuly. Arizona, the desert landscape. Seeing the ground from above. Thinking of the moments spent with S. in all the places we have gone together. Time. Gardens. Plants. Succulents. Ferns. Green things. Fruit and vegetables. Heirloom vegetables. Embroidery. Embroidery floss, lots of colors. Color. small bits of fabric. Japanese fabric. Organic cotton. Linen, cotton blends. Making.....

This list is small compared to the things that float around my brain. But these are the things that have been floating around lately. That inspire and drive me at the moment. Sometimes it is good to remember those things, to keep going and be thankful.

No comments: