Tuesday, January 29, 2013

winter


This small quilt has been finished for a while, but it has taken me a long time to get around to photographing it. It is a winter/Christmas quilt that is meant more as a display than to be used for warmth, even though it would be a good child size. I used an altered log cabin to make the blocks, and the whole thing is a square 60"by 60". Most of the fabric is Aneela Hooey and there is a little Heather Ross in there too. The solids are a mixture of brands, and I can not remember what the red is, but it is very soft! This was a quick project that I wanted for the holidays, even though it was not really done until January. And while there are some Christmas motifs I think it could be a nice winter piece. At the moment it resides in my guestroom on my quilt hooks that usually hold vintage and antique quilts. 



I love this snowman teapot. 


The back is clothes pieces by Aneela Hooey,  and I almost like the back of this one better than the front! 


It is nice to be done with another project... 

No comments: