Wednesday, July 18, 2012

garden party


After doodling in the embroideries last week I wanted to piece some fabrics and make an ombre effect that I have been admiring in a lot of the quilt world lately. Again the garden served as a soft inspiration for this, maybe its the unbearably hot weather, or the colors that fill the garden, but lately I have had summer all over my brain. I am not sure yet what to make of this but I am considering a table runner, because this just shouts garden party to me. 


I don't know if it is the new time I have, or that things have been bottled up but at the moment I have so many ideas, and images running through my head that I have just been working away trying to get them out and seeing which ones lead to more substantial work. Even if they are just to get back into the rhythm of constantly making and brushing up on technique its a starting off point.


I was actually very pleased with the way this turned out. I love the colors and the fresh look of a summer farmer's market. 

No comments: