Wednesday, July 18, 2012

stitching along

The past week was my first week really jumping into the studio, it has been lovely. I have been working on a couple of different things at the same time, which is always a good way for me to work. These are some little embroidery pieces that are inspired by the garden. I spend a lot of my time in the summer out there, watering, planting, snipping and medling around. The idea of myself as a gardener is funny in a way, because I never used to be the kind to dig up dirt. 


These are silly and not meant to be taken too seriously. I really wanted to embroider, and try out some new embroidery floss that I had, so these doodles were a good way to do it. I will be stretching them and making them look more finished and they will be up on etsy.com, hopefully next week.



No comments: