Friday, August 3, 2012

addicted...


 It is official...

 I have a problem... it's called paper piecing, hexagons...


In one week I have made almost 400, 3/4 inch... and just cut more out this morning... 


I justify this behavior, by telling myself it is how one works out OCD tendencies, way better than therapy! I have been wanting to do this for years, and have put it off because the circle quilt I made a couple years ago was such a consuming huge project. I think these go a lot faster though, the paper helps keep it going. It is also a great use for leftover scraps, and I love the way Liberty fabrics and the cute Japanese prints look on these. 
So enough justifying on the hexagons, what am I going to make now, that I have a couple hundred of mis-matched hexagon shapes... Well for starters a gift for a friend of mine, I will show a finished project. I also have plans for 3 other small projects, where I will break up all the fabric choices that I used for these. Can't wait to share the progress report... back to hexagon making, while watching the Olympics! 
wait... If I use Liberty fabrics while watching the Olympics, that is sort of like supporting the Olympics themselves, it is London after all! Feeling much better now that I made that justification. 

No comments: