Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Memoirs of a Geisha

Today I started watching the movie "memoirs of a geisha" I thought I would just keep it on while I did some other things, however I got sucked in really quikly because it is such a visually inspired movie. The scenes and quality of the images is spectacular. Lately when I watch movies this is something that captivates me. In todays society we are so influenced by image and we are almost in overload with them, that it takes a spectacular scene to captivate an audience. This movie did that. I put off watching it for a long time because I thought I would read the book but I finally caved in and have to say that I am glad I did.
Other movies that are visualy inspiring:
Memoirs of a Geisha
Marie Antoinette
Nanny Mcphee- thanks for the recomendation on that one
Pans Labrynth



No comments: