Tuesday, May 8, 2007

perspective 101



In all the art classes, lessons, and studies I have done there has always been that dreaded perspective lesson... I have dis-liked, who am I kidding, have HATED perspective since I can remember. I think that a huge part of the reason that I have not liked perspective all this time comes from the fact that it has somewhat to do with math, and well I do not think in numbers. The other reason is that I do not think that I have ever fully understood perspective. Well with the new computer, that moves with me around the apartment, I have finally (after how much art schooling) figured it out by sitting on my couch looking at my coffee table from differnt angles. Usually I sit with the computer on my lap and it has made me look at the table from the bottom to the top and the top to the bottom, and I think that if I were to sit and draw it I might finally be able to get it right. Isn't it funny how sometimes it takes looking at things on your own time to understand them. Maybe I will do that drawing and mail it to Heidi, my professor in college that despite all her efforts could not get me to do it properly.

No comments: